24 September 2009

milestones

tomorrow i turn 30.
yesterday i hung up the first cereal-glued-to-paper picture made by my own kiddo.


without a doubt this last decade gets five gold stars. not that it was free of hardship. it was not. but the highlights are so bright. i...
dove into married life with my best friend,
graduated with my BFA,
student taught with one of my greatest mentors at my alma mater, BHS,
traveled to eight countries,
worked one of my dream jobs - teaching art and doing graphic design - for four years,
brought two sweet babes into the world,
placed in two professional juried art exhibitions,
grew in so many ways (and surprised myself time and time again),
met so many wonderful and life-changing people who are still my friends,
and moved out of Utah for the first time in my life (to name a few).

i look forward with excitement to the next 10 years.

10 comments:

Janice said...

Wahoo! The year I turned 30, I also had two kids, had just been tested and came back as negative for MS. I remember being so grateful to be healthy at 30!

Kylie said...

Happy 30th Birthday Kel! I hope you have a really fantastic day and year. You are so awesome! ^_^

linny said...

What a great list for this wonderful decade in your life. Hope you have a good one. You are the best!

jefferies said...

Happy birthday Kel! You are such an awesome girl and I am better for knowing you!

Heather said...

Kelly..that's not a bad set of accomplishments! Nice work. I'm glad I was able to meet you in the last ten years. Happy Birthday!

jo said...

And you forgot your most important achievement: being an awesome sister.

Thanks for the 26 years of great sister-ness!

p.s. are those fruity-o's? just kidding.

Sblogger said...

Kel, you HAVE accomplished so much in your thirty years and I am so glad that I could be a part of those years. Yea for my bestest friend Kel! Love ya! Happy Birthday too.

cate said...

I hope I have something as cool as a fruit ring cereal bunny to show for myself when I reach 30. I don't know what could be a better way to celebrate than hanging something like that on the fridge, especially when it comes from the likes of that dear Miss Ash.

zlb said...

yeah! happy 30th to both the grown up brookses! i've been thinking of you guys a lot this month and our shared passing of a decade. meeting you guys was certainly one of the highlights of my 20's! here's to some adventures together in our 30's! miss you guys!

ash said...

Cheers to 30! What a list! I know you could add another myriad things to that list. You are an amazing person indeed.