28 April 2008

sweet success

that is such a lame title, but we did it. no sugary sweets for a month. last Thursday opened the door back up to treats and things and i've had a few delicious baked goods since then. but i have to say it was a very good experience. it turned out to be easier than i'd thought and it has helped curb my predictable desire for something sweet to eat. i don't need or even feel like a treat after every meal any more. so i'd say it was a successful experiment and i'd recommend it to a friend.

p.s. i should confess i had a Fruity Cheerio here and there and once, after i had made a peanut butter and honey sandwich for Ash, i made one for myself... in my weakness.

5 comments:

cate said...

according to me...honey don't count none. it's too "natural".

oh and well done!

Sblogger said...

Way to go English and Kel! What a victory! I'm proud to know you. I have to say, I actually loved your very clever title.

jo said...

Well done! Really, quite the accomplishment. And I agree with cate on the honey bit. Much too natural to feel guilty about.

Now, if you had tried to sneak in a little fruity cheerio that might be a little different...



just kidding.

Heather said...

Kelly..nice work! I did think of you a time or two as I indulged in an after-dinner (or pre-dinner) sugary something. Way to prove it to yourself!

ash said...

Excellent jazz! Way to curve your desire for glucose! And thanks for your full disclosure, but I too, agree with the other commentators, honey ain't bad.