12 March 2010

just around the corner

remember the Frog and Toad story about spring being just around the corner? Frog goes out to find the right corner to look around so he can find spring. i think about that story every other day as we go from 55° and sunny to 31° and snow granules. i know it's out there... just around the corner... in the meantime these spectacular daffodils keep us steady. such beauty and color!


it also helps that we have received three packages this week (so much birthday and Easter fun in the air) - thanks! the last of the three was from our dear friend back in Sanpete. inside was a super soft, hand knit item for each of us that is perfect in this weather. the kids sported theirs right away.



and so, we look forward to the calmer side of March with a nine-year anniversary and a three-year-old birthday to enjoy between now and then. those are a couple of great corners to come around.

4 comments:

ash said...

Well said. Beautiful flowers. And superb handknit. Who's excited for spring?!?

jo said...

Sring is indeed coming and I too cannot wait. Spring here is so short you have to make sure you make the most of it or it will pass by you like a fly on the wind.

Those daphodils sure make me ache for it though. I like that idea though. I just may get us some fresh flowers to celebrate it's coming.

T.R. said...

Grass! Also, I love that late afternoon light.

Sblogger said...

Happy Birthday to Ash and Happy Anniversary to you and English! What fun milestones to celebrate! I am SOOOOOOO ready for spring. I must say I don't think I've ever felt more ready for spring. It may have something to do with two stir crazy kids and one stir crazy prego woman who needs Vitamin D in a major way.