08 September 2008

wonder-full

last Wednesday my midwife rolled the Doppler around on my lower abdomen and we heard the sweet swoosh-swoosh-swoosh of a 16-week old baby. that is a wonderful sound.

and here's a photo of Ash eating beans and rice. she now has five teeth and is quite the dancer with several moves and stances. she likes to say, 'no, no, no, stop,' - especially to dogs across the street - and her version of 'want some more of that?' which sounds more or less like 'wanna-mo-mo-mo-dat?' she also likes to pick tomatoes of varying shades of ripeness and redness off the vine and eat them as the seeds go spurting out onto her chin and shirt. she is a wonderful girl.

7 comments:

ash said...

I get such a kick out of that photo: the face, the beans, goodtimes. And alright for 16 week old baba! Glad all is going well.

jo said...

mmmmmm, beans and rice. She has good taste in meals. And a little rat face goes a long way.

keep us posted on little brooks second edition!

Katie Elaine said...

congratulations! Ash is such an adorable baby. I can't wait to see the next one.

Heather said...

I love that swoosh swoosh swoosh sound. Hope things are going well.
Ash is a cutie pie (I think I've mentioned that once or twice already).

Hurtado Family said...

So great to be a kid!

Sblogger said...

Anna and I love that picture of Ash! She is a wonderful girl. We love her too. And that is so fun that you got to hear the swoosh swoosh sound. It's all such a miracle.

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Congratulation Kelly!
Tam