15 September 2008

a man of mighty strength

last year English celebrated his 28th birthday by running 28 miles at 10,000 feet along the Skyline Drive. it was an impressive feat and one that could not be repeated. so this year he ran 30 miles - from the beginning of the Skyline Drive up Fairview Canyon to the top of Ephraim Canyon. it was an incredibly beautiful day and the whole operation was kink-free. Ash and i manned the support vehicle again and i have to say we rocked this time - even more than last year.




oh, right... but it was English who truly rocked. seriously, 30 miles... at 10,000 feet! that's crazy nuts awesome.

6 comments:

Tom said...

Congrats. Sorry we missed it.

jo said...

You gotta be kiddin' me!

[Said in my best gotta-go-to-la-beau's accent]


Excellent job to you all.

ash said...

[30 x 10,000 + (mom+kid) x rockin' = 1 million gigawatts of awesomeness] Truly, a feat beyond compare. Many cheers!

Josette said...

way to go english! he is crazy, but so are lots of people. charlotte's pediatrician just ran 100 miles in 25 hours. hmmmm, good to know she is in capable non-crazy hands.

Todd said...

Please tell me you walked part of the time! Seriously, that's quite a feat. It reminds me of the time I tested my endurance in a simalar way, by watching Titanic at the old Century theater, in a broken seat, without ever getting up for a bathroom break.

Sblogger said...

WOWie! I think I could maybe run 30 minutes straight. That is amazing English! Now what are you going to do next year for your 30th b-day? A mile a year might be hard to keep up once you get into the 70's, 80's, etc. But I think you could do it.