07 February 2008

it's a cruel, cruel winter

this time of the winter is hard. this is when withdrawal hits: Happy Holiday withdrawal, delicious-food-everywhere withdrawal, New Year freshness withdrawal (and of course serious warm-weather withdrawal). all of the skin cells that existed during those joyful times have been sloughed off and replaced by new, pale, bleak mid-winter cells and we ache. the sunlight coming from the south at an awkward angle creates drastic shadows and squinty afternoon drives. cold, dry air makes us cough as our nose hairs freeze. our bellies poke out and sag because of unwilling neglect and our skin can't get enough moisture.

this time of winter is hard. it's time for a small vacation to warmer climes.

5 comments:

english said...

lady, cheer up! have you already forgotten about the snowblower angel kisses?

come on, Chinese New Year. let's dance

Kylie said...

I am seriously feeling this too. I hate January and February.

ash said...

What do you think would be the montage of Karate Kid with "It's a cru, cruel winta" being sung in the background?

Janice said...

I am so the opposite. It is the hot miserable days of summer that get me down. Bring on the snow!

jo said...

I'm with you. As much as a I love my scarf and my new coat... I'm about through putting them on fifty times a day.