08 January 2008

eight is great in 2008

'i'm the king of eight and i'm here to state that everything here has to total eight.'

8 things I'm passionate about:
1. the English-Kelly-Ash fam
2. art/making art/art education
3. gardening/home grown tomatoes
4. spending time outside
5. cooking food and feeding people
6. good bread
7. spending time with family and friends
8. sweaters

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. have a few (3 or so) more little ones
2. take my family to Switzerland, the homeland
3. speak Spanish, well
4. create a device that hangs up my clothes for me
5. learn how to knit
6. run a bakery or B&B or restaurant
7. live outside of the country
8. have a yard that looks like the Uintas (wild flowers, stones, big trees, moss)

8 books I have read recently:
1. People of Paper - Salvador Placencia
2. Life of Pi - Yann Martel
3. My Antonia - Willa Cather
4. Housekeeping - Marilynne Robinson
5. East of Eden - John Steinbeck
6. 100 Years of Solitude - Gabriel Marquez
7. The Jungle - Upton Sinclair
8. currently: The Book of Imaginary Beings - Jorge Luis Borges

8 things I often say:
1. mexcellent
2. sweet baby one
3. supa
4. indeed/indweed
5. does that make sense?
6. yeash (like Micheal Scott)
7. i love you
8. thanks, love

8 things that attract me to friends (i stole all of these from zi):
1. kindness
2. sincerity
3. sense of humor
4. ability to engage in meaningful/real conversations about important things
5. interests and passions
6. integrity/loyalty
7. adventuresomness/sense of wonder about the world/creativity
8. the way they treat their family

8 songs and albums I could listen to over and over:
1. Revolver - The Beatles
2. Andrew Bird... please don't make me choose
3. Betting On Trains - Hem
4. Information Error - the Slackers
5. The Osmonds Christmas Album, yes
6. Chicken With Its Head Cut Off - Magnetic Fields
7. Somebody to Love - Queen
8. Symphony No. 5 - Mahler

8 things I learned this year:
1. love has no boundaries or limits
2. patience, perspective, perseverance
3. some people never cease to amaze
4. becoming a mom is incredible
5. you can't give when you are emotionally depleted
6. daily walks outside are the best medicine
7. i'm not so good at confrontation
8. don't buy clothes at Wal*Mart. never

8 random things about me:
1. i sang alto in the Utah Symphony Chorus
2. i've lived in Utah my whole life
3. i love Back to the Future, part I
4. i am Rick Rivers
5. i broke our couch when i tackled my dad, age 15
6. i'm watching season two of Felicity on DVD
7. i've never pierced my ears
8. i never set the alarm for a time ending in 5 or 0.

8 people i tag
1. linds
2. ash
3. jo
4. lindsey
5. cate
6. kylie
7. janice
8. gatsby

3 comments:

jo said...

bah! i'm tagged!

Mahler, eh? What about gersh? I guess that's my kingdom of eight... great, great, great...

zlb said...

8riffic! 8cellent! 8tastic! sorry i missed you guyses call (like that sanpete speech) today! I was in a baby shower. . .showering babies.

Matsby said...

The "the English-Kelly-Ash fam" would be there on one of my lists for sure.