03 November 2006

delightful drink

baby, it's cold outside. come on in and have something to warm you up... here is the recipe for one of my all-time favorite cold-season drinks (that i invented sometime back in the 90s):

  1. get your best mug.
  2. add a little less than the regular amount of instant hot chocolate to half a mug of hot water.
  3. stir in just a smidge of Pero (Postum works too but i think Pero is better).
  4. stir in enough milk to almost fill the mug.
  5. stir in a bit of egg nog.
  6. heat a few more seconds in the microwave if it's not warm enough.

mmmmmm... delightful.

p.s. my sister used to make fun of the original name of the drink (mocha) so i changed it to delightful drink. can't make fun of that one, eh Linds?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd put a shot of whisky in mine, but I wouldn't tell anyone. I'd just enjoy it quietly as it warmed me from inside out.

jo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jo said...

I have a sister that makes that drink. She's awesome. No seriously, she's the best in the west.

p.s. I deleted the post above... spelling errors. sorry.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delightful!

T.R. said...

sounds drink!

kel said...

and it is!