22 March 2006

God bless spring break

this year as English and i revel in our spring break adventures (a mini-tour of Utah) i can't help but be grateful for this space of time to chill out. i'll be the first to say i need spring break just as much as students do (heck, who doesn't need a spring break?). by this time in the semester - and school year - we're all a little spent and even sick of each other... especially my drawing class, the punks. but spring break allows us to recharge. the sun warms us and we feel the energy reserve deep down inside start to thaw. let us fortify it with giant scones from One Man Band Diner and songs from the Ocean's 11 and 12 soundtracks. wahooooo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN Kelly. This is my first year suffering under the fascist regime of no spring break that BYU continues to enforce. Sarah Lawrence was a much more civilized place.. . a glorious two weeks we got each spring. I'm feeling overspent, tired, and stressed because now the end of the semester is a mere 3 weeks away and I'm running on empty. Sigh. I guess I'll have to think of my pioneer forebearers, hunker down, and get it done. ps Eric said you guys went to see the 7 wonders of UT. . .I'll be curious to hear what that included. . .

T.R. said...

breakfast anytime!

jo said...

May I second Zina's motion? Because I think I will.

I second Zina's motion.

Greedy Kristian said...

Ah, I have always wanted to eat at the "One Man Band Diner". Is it as great as Duffs Smorgasbord?

kel said...

i actually would reccommend One Man Band Diner (if the circumstances are right... roadtrip, late night, etc.) and yes, i'd have to say it's better than Duff's - only no soft serve.