10 February 2006

a little feng shui never hurt no one

i share an office with Katie who teaches interior design. needless to say, at any given moment there can be a number of fascinating books, projects and/or portfolios to take a look at. we stumbled upon this two days ago (it comes to us from a book titled The Western Guide to FENG SHUI: Room By Room). study it closely.


i, for one was convinced that we needed better feng shui in the office so yesterday after class i rearranged things. i moved the bookshelves, switched out the big ol' clunky '70s desk for a more streamlined one i found in the drawing studio (don't worry, permission was granted on everything that i nabbed), moved the computer so it wasn't up against the far wall, which consequently fixed the previous problem of having your back toward the door... you know, the basics. after all, as figures 4P and 4Q illustrate above, correct feng shui promotes good self-image and obviously therefore, success (we can deduct this by observing the gentleman's upgraded attire and a scheming expression). and who would argue with that guy?

4 comments:

Greedy Kristian said...

I never knew my negative self-image should be blamed on feng shui. Now that I know the problem, I must fix it.

Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

This is great. I have a mirror similar to the one in figure 4p. Only, I have to tilt it because it's on the ground. I get a really good look at my shoes, but I look all disproportionate and things. That guy does look more satisfied with his big mirror correctly placed. Maybe that's why I don't where the purple shoes as often. Because they look BIG and PURPLE. I'll think on that and get back to you.

T.R. said...

AAAAGGGGHHH! THE SEARING PAIN OF FENG SHUI!!

Anonymous said...

I just put a desk in my room this weekend for the purpose of hoping to increase my paper writing abilities. I tried to incoperate feng shui based on the detailed instructions and pictures in your blog. It worked. I sat down to write, and the paper was already done, the feng shui fairies had done their work and had time to stand in front of my full length mirror and look snazzy. thanks kelly for saving my life. you are like mom's stuff. ps I got the postcards. rock on.