20 October 2010

standing up to the test of time

what is your oldest article of clothing that you still wear on a regular basis?

i bought this shirt at the Salt Lake Greek Festival in 1996. i love this shirt and i still wear it - perfect for those summer months.

this photo was taken in May of 1997
young and in love - that hasn't changed much either

the runner-up is this orange fleece purchased in 2000, pictured here in 2008 at the Krishna Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork (look at little Asha). i wore this fleece a couple weeks ago. love that bright orange.

i also have a couple t-shirts, some button-downs, and a handful of sweaters (several of which are hand-knit by my G'ma Jones) at least a decade old but i can't say i wear them on a regular basis. and yet i don't plan on letting them go. they'll get another chance, if not two or three.

so now, what's your oldest article of clothing that you still wear on a regular basis?

7 comments:

ash said...

I really got a kick out of this post. That first photo is great (That shirt is a definite winner and I even remember those sandals you are wearing, winners as well) and the second photo is great too. Happy times with good quality clothes. As for me, I've got a black sweater I think I bought in 2001 that I wear on a weekly basis come fall and winter. But I think my oldest item, and this may not count, are my glasses. 1999 and still going strong. Okay, maybe not going strong, but I still wear them.

Sblogger said...

Um I guess one of two pair of jeans that fit me right now. :) Not because I love them but because they fit me.
BTW I read Guernsey and the Help not too long ago and loved them both. How do you like them? Love ya and I miss ya tons at this time of year. Fall always reminds me of our good times together in and out of the circled halls.

Lindsey Hicks said...

1996?! I can't compete with that. I don't think I have anything pre Salt Lake Olympics.

jefferies said...

I have a red dress with white flowers on it that I bought in 1995...junior year in high school. It will fit in a couple months, but I won't be able to wear it til I'm done nursing.

Heather said...

I love the pictures! I have a black skirt that I wear on a regular basis that I've had since 2000. It's my go-to.

jo said...

My longest standing piece of clothing were my Chacos. I wore them daily from 1999 to 2009 when the straps finally broke.

But other than that, it could be the Great Harvest sweatshirt I "inherted" from my little brother when he went off to Brazil. Oh wait! Perhaps the grandma sweater I "inhereted" from you. I still wear that to this day.

David said...

I still wear a bomber jacket given to me for Christmas of 1993. It was given to me by my now wife, along with a note breaking up with me, two days before our first kiss.