04 October 2010

how 'bout them apples?

ah, the fall. it's arrived. we had a beautiful Indian Summer but i'll admit the 93 degree days during the last week of September were a little, shall we say, much. but now, now it's cider weather. harvest weather. sweater weather. doughnut weather. yes!


we made these beauties to compliment fall conference. care for the recipe? visit the agreeable recipe book.

with fall came the rains... consistent rains for three days now. the last time i was in this much rain was two years ago in La Fortuna, Costa Rica. but we are soaking it up like desert dwellers. however, we did decide to harvest our pumpkins to avoid "the rot".



we got a good variety this year - even one white pumpkin. it was a great surprise.

and today we decided to visit Apple Hill (just over the mountains and down the winding road) with our pals. the last time i went apple picking was at U-Pick Phil's Apples in Massachusetts exactly 10 years ago.


Ash double-fisting her apple cider doughnut (heaven!) | lift, twist, pluck the golden delicious


Tom badgers the scarecrow | classic kids-on-the-rusted-out-machinery-on-the-farm photo

for more apple-picking fun, check out Mr. T picking apples with Conan O'Brien.

5 comments:

Sblogger said...

Kel I love this posting. I love the fall. I love love love everything about it. And I love that both our birthdays are in the fall, two days apart nonetheless. :) So glad you posted recent pictures of your such cute kids. I can't wait to see them next!

jo said...

Wonderful fall. I remember apple picking in MA with you guys. Such fun. And I loved the Mr. T clip. Makes my day.

ash said...

We need to do that over here, but the apples aren't ready yet. Hope they have apple cider doughnuts here. And man, your pumpkin crop looks wonderful. I love that Tom is holding the white one. Good start for fall.

linny said...

Kel, Every time you cook it is photo worthy not to mention delicious. And those two little cherubs are always photogenic. What wonderful adventures you are providing for them:)

cate said...

Can you mail me one of them apples/doughnuts/hug and a kiss from Tom and Ash...? At least rub that lil Tom gut for me, give a hello to Ash and remember how to make them doughnuts for my next visit.