29 July 2010

Robin Hood & Little John walking through the forest

when i was a kid my favorite Disney movie was Robin Hood. it still is to this day. so it's easy for me to let Ash indulge. yesterday she was talking about how her fox, who is called Robin these days, needed some clothes. so we made some... quickly... in about 30 minutes (don't ask to inspect my sewing. a C+ at best). we happened to have as stash of green corduroy and some felt and we used the DVD case as our example. Ash kept pointing out the necessary details. i tried to get away with a belt that tied but Ash would have none of it. "look, he's got a buckle, Mom." right you are, Ash!



also, (drum roll) i must take this opportunity to announce that Tom is officially walking. that's bipedal, folks. two weeks ago he decided walking was worth it he had no trouble balancing, turning, side-stepping, etc. he was totally holding out on us. but now he's a walking fiend. he looks so much bigger now that he's standing up a lot of the time (and the summer hair cut adds to that too). i love watching him get a kick out of walking for the sake of walking. what lovely kids.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Very cool.

linny said...

Lovely indeed:)

Nice sewing Kel. You are amazing. Is there anything you don't do?

The KGB Family said...

Love it! Although, it is missing one small thing. Didn't Robin Hood carry around a bonnet? Just in case he needed a quick disguise or something?

ash said...

Ah, to be a mom that can whip up a Robin Hood suit in 30 minutes. Very cool. And nice attention to detail Ash.

Way to go Tom! He looks so cute in that pic. Like you said, lookin' more grown up these days. Lovely kids indeed.

jefferies said...

Oodalally!! I love me some Disney robin hood! Now I need to get my kids interested in it too!

Sblogger said...

Robin Hood is definitely #1 in my book too! I love the Robin Hood outfit- I give it an A+. Your kids are oh so cute. Congrats to Tom on being an official walker too!

jo said...

This is so cool.

My favorite details from this post:
1. Fox is now Robin
2. You have green corduroy lying around.
3. That fox is almost as big as ash.
4. Tom is awalkin'!

p.s. I now have another idea for naptime singing. Golly what a day...