05 July 2010

Lazarus

thanks to a generous computer EMT pal of ours the contents of our old hard drive were rescued and restored to us (thank you ever so much)! it may seem silly but on that fateful day when i was told our old computer had crashed i felt like someone had died. it was a rather unsettling way to realize how attached i am to the photos and videos that document my life and that of my family. i'm telling you - get your computer backed up, my friends.

so now that we're complete again i can post a few photos from our San Fransisco trip that we took a month ago. (the post that so sadly got replaced by the double-whammy day). here, at last...


happy with sourdough | Chinatown market

Alcatraz in the distance | demonstrating tall in Muir Woods

hey there, photos... it's so good to have you back!

5 comments:

Grace Mukisa said...

Awww!that was a painful experience but on the other hand we learn the importance of backing up online. Personally, I use safecopybackup.com, it's really done wonders for me. They upgraded their 5GB free storage space for trial. Am happy with it. Hope I'll help someone out there.

jo said...

aha! Woohoo! Can't tell you how glad I am that you have your photos back. Thanks for sharing those from San Fan. Looks like a blast.

Heather said...

Glad to hear you got it all back. These photos are fantastic. San Francisco is a great city. Your children are the cutest.

ash said...

These past few days I've kept thinking about your cooking video with ash and how you could get it back, and now it is back! Hoorah! Thank goodness for computer EMTs. Looks like SF was superb.

Lindsey Hicks said...

I can't believe how cheap those cherries are!