05 June 2009

summer in the suburbs

it's BBQ season and we're up in SLC for two months. May was prepare-to-move month among other things. we made millions at our Memorial Day weekend yard sale despite rain and the competing Swedish meatballs at the Heritage Festival. then within 48 hours Thomas and i were on a plane (Thomas sleeping on my shoulder and me watching Tom Cruise ooze testosterone on the jet fighter classic, Top Gun). we were off to the D.C. area to help my sister Ash and Jess and their brand spankin' new Oliver. it was great to be with the new little fam. Thomas lived a life of luxury sleeping in the hotel king sized bed and the two cousins enjoyed each others company.

mean while back home English and Ash packed up the remainder of our house and moved up north. needless to say it was a whirlwind week for all of us. when i got back to Utah i came home to Cottonwood Heights, home of my childhood. i never had the chance to say a proper good-bye to Ephraim so i plan on going back one more time.

it's been good though. we've already been to a couple summer parties and i took Ash to the aquarium yesterday. this will be a nice little stepping stone to Reno. i'll do a better job keeping you posted.

5 comments:

jefferies said...

I didn't know you guys were moving! Reno huh? In the fall? I am sure this will mean fun times ahead for the Brookes! Congrats!

Marcie said...

Your week was crazy! I'm glad you made it back (I was going to say home) to Utah safetly. Your little nephew is a cutie!
Swing by and say hi when you mae it back here.

ash said...

Summer has been quite full for you already. Thanks a million for comin' out. It looks like Thomas lived the life when at the hotel. Wish I could say the same ffor the basement.

Josette said...

oh man...thomas is a cutie! love the chub!

Sblogger said...

Glad to have in Salt Lake County again! You've squeezed a lot into a little bit of time. I'm glad Ash and Jess are doing well with their sweet new baby. I can't believe how big Thomas looks next to Oliver!