14 July 2008

down in the mid-west

Ash and i recently took a trip to dairy country (a.k.a. Wisconsin) to visit my dear sister and brother-in-law in thier new abode. it was a nice, relaxing trip with expansive views, scenic drives, good food, fun times, and fire flies - i love fire flies. we also experienced a couple mid-western storms, which were awesome and unlike any i've ever seen before. enormous looming dark clouds above with a bright light on the horizon and then... boom! a dense, fine rain that covers everything. so cool.

oh, and we also watched American Gladiators, which i hadn't seen for years. it was good to get back into the Gladiator circuit. 'Gladiators ready...'

7 comments:

jo said...

What a photo! It really captures the feeling or those dark rolling clouds invading our little town.

So much fun to have you here. Thanks you both you and Ash for making the journey.

Jennifer said...

That sky is amazing! And "Here! Here!" to the gladiators comment! Any game show that involves giant Q-tips is alright by me!

ash said...

Amazing cloud action photo, it could be CGI man! No really, it catches the moment excellently. Did you happen to eat german pancakes with sugar while watching Gladiators? Sounds like you had great hosts.

Josette said...

i love midwest storms. there's nothin like em'. i miss those here in utah. i could go for any kind of storm right about now.

Sblogger said...

Sounds like you had a fun time with your sis! I'm glad you got to go Kel.

Ashley said...

Hey KJ (sorry)! I know you commented on my blog weeks and weeks ago and I came right over but I don't think I ever commented, but I have been thinking about you and hoping you'll come to the reunion. Your Ash-pie is so cute, and Costa Rica looks amazing, and I love it that you teach . They are so lucky to have you. I remember art at Canyon View. Your stuff was ALWAYS the best, including the books you made in English and that mural about not doing drugs you made on the wall (for Ms. Hobson I think?). One time you scribbled all over your art project (I think you didn't like it) and called it "modern art" and then 3/4 of the class did the same thing to theirs. Anyway, just stuff I've been thinking about and thought I'd check in.

Nicole Shelton Harmer said...

Hey Kelly. Can you please send me your email address? I have to tell you a funny story. nicoleharmer@gmail.com
Nicole Shelton