07 March 2008

spill the purse

last fall one of my good friends gave me this little bag/purse. she brought it back from a killer sale in Maine. way cool. it's the first real purse i've had. in the last five years i've had little bags off and on but this is the first that can be called a purse (by the way, i hate the word 'purse'. not necessarily because of what it is or what it means but rather because of the way it sounds. purse, pamphlet, pouch - oh, and moist; all disgusting-sounding words). but i digress. upon cate's request i show you the contents of my purse.

wallet (indeed). sunglasses (especially). pile o' change (for all of the parking meters here in Eph). sharpie pen (always comes in handy). pretty boring and unrevealing, i know. i realize you were expecting something more and i don't want to disappoint. so i'll open my wallet and show you a collection i keep inside...


...my student ID cards from 7th - 12th grade. what a collection! you'd be surprised how many times i've pulled them out. they're quite the conversation piece. 10th grade is especially entertaining. i have a boy haircut, which i loved at the time, and i look a little dopey (livin' it up at Lagoon the night before). so there you have it.

if you have yet to spill your purse, feel free. it's been fun.

1 comment:

ash said...

I am lovin' the 7th to 12th grade photos! I, too, have such a collection, which I believe was inspired by you. You may have had a short haircut, but then, at least you didn't look like a 30-something in eighth grade.

I like your handbag (uh, purse) as well. Very nice.