17 March 2008

no sugar for a month

English and i have decided to avoid sugar for a month starting next Monday - after Ash's 1st birthday and Easter, of course. 'why?' you may ask. well, it's a good challenge. it's a healthy experiment. T.R. did it. i gained ten pounds over the winter. i have an insane sweet tooth, in other words i feel like a 'treat' after lunch and dinner almost every day. i heard it will transform me into a wonder woman full of strength and vigor. so we're giving it a try.

that means this week is the last week of sugary goodness. i made a batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday and i'll be having birthday cake on Saturday, not to mention marshmallow Peeps, on Sunday. yeah, it's probably a bad idea to load up right before laying off but oh well.

i'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Kelly M said...

Wow- good for you! I think about doing that every now and then, but then I just get hungry for something sweet and change my mind. I'm not sure I'd have the will power. I'm excited to hear how it goes for you. . .

jo said...

this seems like fun. the idea of eliminating processed sugar from one's diet has always had an appeal to me.

one question: does honey count?

Jess said...

This sounds seriously difficult. I don't think I could do it, but I commend you and English for taking the challenge. Good luck on your sugarless journey.

Janice said...

I have done it and don't want to do it again. Life is too short.

kel said...

i should clarify that this no sugar thing means avoiding sweets mostly. i mean we are cutting out a lot of sugar but not all sugar (i.e. corn flakes have 2g of sugar per serving and they're okay). but no honey, jo and no jam. it's actually going pretty well so far...