14 February 2007

Valentimes

at the sixth grade Valentine's dance we had dance cards to ensure that everyone would be dancing and not feeling like a total loser. we signed each other's cards before lunch so at the dance we were prepared. i remember i danced with (in no particular order - i promise):

Jason Watson
Tyler Call
Danny Kofoed
Rob Nelson
Brad Hague
and a couple other boys.

i didn't want to dance with Drew Chisholm but i think i did (oh, what a saint).

then in eleventh grade i went to a Valentine's dance with my three best friends and our dates. we had dinner at Gippetto's Pizza, took a great dance photo, and during the actual dance my date was convinced that someone was shooting rubber bands at his back when it was really me tapping my fingers out of nervousness. after the dance we decorated heart-shaped cakes with frosting and candies. my date and i went with a Van Gogh theme and thought ours to be the best of the batch.

ten years later, i'm still totally in love with this guy and we're making curry and sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. wow! how cool is that?

i love you English!

5 comments:

jo said...

meh... I think he's pretty cool too.

I approve... ten years later...

just kidding. Happy Valentine's Day!

Janice said...

Great story.

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

haha! love! that's adorable. you guys are the cutest couple. seriously.

Annie said...

Kelly!!! This is Annmry...remember me from good ole Brighton 7th? Completely random that I came across your blog, but I thoroughly enjoyed looking at it. Sounds like you're doing great and please tell Ash hello for me!:)