02 February 2007

find a penny, pick it up

i'm a firm believer in picking up 'lucky pennies' as my mom calls them. i'm not superstitious either - i'll pick up a penny no matter which side is facing up (someone once told me that if it's tails up, it's bad luck... whatever).

well these days picking up pennies just ain't happening, which bums me out because i get quite a bit of enjoyment from it. but picking anything up off the floor is rather uncomfy so i avoid it when i can. the thing is, now that i've entered this stage of pregnancy when my belly is quite the bulging mass i drop things much more often - like i've lost my coordination as a side effect to growing another person. is this some kind of joke? ha ha! laugh at the pregnant lady who dropped her Gandolfo's stamp card and has to get down on one knee to pick it up. hee hee! look how she keeps dropping the slides she's scanning in the teacher's computer lab and has to crawl under the desk to get them. wa ha ha! did you see how she glared at the fork she just dropped for the second time? what a hoot!

yeah, yeah. hilarious.

9 comments:

Matsby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matsby said...

We need to see you guys before the baby comes. I want to see this.

Mumsy said...

It's even funnier the second time around with a toddler who purposely drops things for you to pick up. Lucky for me, I have an amazing talent: I can pick up anything with my toes--even a penny. Are you impressed? It's pretty much my only talent. And I'm glad I got to use it finally when I was pregnant.

When's this baby due?

Janice said...

So sorry. Believe me when I tell you that you will look back on those moments with fondness--not now but later.

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY HEAR YOU!!!!! This is me also. I am also finding that I drop food on my belly much more these days. Grrrrr....

zlb said...

i had a dream the other night that the ranch was starting and we all decided that it would be a really good idea to have it in this big big tree house, which we built. and you suddenly remembered you were pregnant (like you could forget at this stage) and realized that living in a tree might not be the safest thing to do. so at least you aren't living in a tree and dropping things from way up there. . .

Anonymous said...

When are you due?

kel said...

end of March... till then, more fun with dropping and picking up.

jo said...

but you look so darn cute! so you can be comforted knowing that.