26 October 2006

elevated plastic

at 2:00 pm on September 27th the art faculty at Snow started our collaborative project called Twenty-Four Seven. we had 24 hours to start, work on and finish an original work (or works) then hang and light the show in time for an opening reception at 5:00 pm on the 28th. the show was then up for seven days.


i'm exploring plastics. see, these are the first paintings i've done in acrylic (the switch from oils was much more emotional than i thought) but i found i don't dislike acrylics as i thought i would. indeed they act differently and i was nervous having my first experience with them be a public one but it ended up a fortunate event.

7 comments:

zlb said...

Kel those are gorgeous. I really like them. You captured Sanpete to a tee, I feel like I'm driving to the ranch.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! You truely do amaze. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend and having you meet Britta.

jo said...

I had a chance to see these pieces live and I have to say they are quite magnif (as they say). It was definitely worth the trip south. That and the pizza as always.

T.R. said...

it makes me want to be a plastic bag and see the world.

Anonymous said...

Those are really awesome kelly! I love your style.

Anonymous said...

We love your art. It is beautiful.

english said...

I'm telling you lady, if we held our peace about how brilliant these are then the computer modems themselves would immediately cry out whistling like teapots; herbal teapots with health in their navels.