27 January 2010

compelled to take action: a resolution

the last few nights i've been having these dreams where my kids are in very precarious positions or about to cause some trouble. for example, this morning i dreamed that Tom is sitting in my window sill (which is five feet above the floor) reaching for a glass jar that will fall and break. right before the critical moment of these dreams i find myself waking up with outreached arms, slightly flustered. it's weird.

then a couple days ago my favorite wooden spoon that i bought at a market in Venice almost nine years ago cracked in half. bad luck or an omen?


also, my Lola plant has started to die. probably from over watering. it was such a pretty one.


so what lesson have i chosen to take from these random events? simply this: it is time to systematically go through the last five years of my digital photos and print out the good ones. then starting now, print the new ones off on a regular basis (i've decide every two months) and make real photo albums again. after all, digital is wonderful but as a friend of mine just experienced, it's painfully virtual.

5 comments:

ash said...

Ah, yes, I too have thought about printing off photos. This is a must do (but hard to get started for me). Sorry about the wooden spoon, plant, and dreams. Not fun. That plant is beautiful.

jefferies said...

Yes...I've been meaning to print up hard copies of my blog...to keep as an album for these past years.

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean said...

kel
hope all is going good. As you know life is busy, and as I now know it's even bsier with chuldren!
We miss you guys, and were sad we missed you over the break. I never checked my e-mail in time.
We are doing good, and despute having two insisions(sp?) I am feeling great and recovered well! Give Ash and Tom a hug and a hello.
We'll have to make it out to Reno! I really enjoy your blog!
-meagan and co.

Heather said...

Good idea! And your photos are all so good, you're gonna have lots of albums!

Sblogger said...

That is odd because I have been feeling the same urgency lately. Maybe it is an omen! I better hop to it... right after I finish the scrapbook for my Grandma's 100th b-day this week!