26 September 2007

an idea

i like necklaces. they are my accessory of choice. up until just recently didn't have them in any organized fashion and it was kind of a pain to get them untangled or not be able to find the one i was looking for. of course i thought of a jewelery box but i know i would just end up piling all the necklaces on top of the box after a week or two. so then i thought of a key rack, you know like you have near the back door. but then i'd have to drill two holes into the walls of wherever i was renting... plus i was having a hard time finding a cool key rack that didn't have cherubim or elk on it. so after a couple weeks of brain storming and throwing ideas back and forth i came up with this:

i took one of my panels (just a piece of board) and painted it with some acrylic paint - yellow ochre - one of my most favorite colors. then i hammered five little nails in and fitted the back with eyelets and picture wire so it would hang like a painting. then hang up the necklaces all organized and nice and you know, i have to say it is quite artistic, not to mention aesthetically pleasing. so, yeah i was feeling quite innovative and i thought i'd share.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea Kel! That looks fabulous! By the way, you have some fun jewelry too. =)

english said...

you're tricking my eyes and trompeing my l'oeils!

Mumsy said...

I keep thinking about how much I love this! I have a ton of necklaces that I forget I have because they are stowed away in a deep, dark drawer away from prying little hands.

I think I'm going to make this. What a great idea!

ash said...

Very nice and original. Where did you hang it?

kel said...

it's hanging in my room, like a painting.